Thursday, October 31, 2024

October Fun

 Logan kids playing frisbee golf, Cannon loving his $2, Grandma & Grandpa Sweden adventure, Justin animal brains
October 5th in the pool with pool temp 78 degrees
Jeff's new Blackstone grill from working with SWA for 20 years ~ he cooks the best veggies and meat!

This year, I’m all about connection. It’s my guiding word and one of my favorite things! 
 Every day, I’m finding new ways to connect ~ with my spirit, my body, and my mind. 

For years, I’ve had one BIG goal: to do just one pull-up. Kurtis got me a pull-up bar years ago, and it’s been hanging in our doorway ever since. I walk under it daily, sometimes giving it a quick hang, but I never truly believed I could pull myself all the way up…until now! 

For the past 18 months, I’ve been working with my incredible trainer Nathan, and decided it was time to finally tackle this goal. Starting out, I didn’t have much upper body strength ~ my sweet grandma passed her cute shoulders down to me, and let’s just say most of my strength is in my “tail hiney” area😉 But with Nathan’s guidance and a lot of dedication, I’m proud to say I did a pull-up!💪 

Nathan’s been capturing my journey on video, so I can see just how far I’ve come. In the beginning, I could barely hang from the bar, let alone lift 10 pounds. And now…I’ve achieved my pull-up goal! Okay, so it’s not an A+ pull-up, more like a solid B ~ but it’s MINE, and I’m proud of the journey that has gotten me to this point. I’ll continue getting stronger, and have more dreams to pursue🌱 

*Here are a few things I’ve learned along the way, that might help you with whatever goal you’re chasing:
1. Keep Going. The only way to fail is to stop trying. 
2. Celebrate Every Little Win. Progress is progress, no matter how small! 
3. Follow Your Heart. Choose goals that light you up, even if others don’t get it. This is your journey.
 
Connecting with my body, mind, and spirit this year has been life-changing. I’m in awe of the growth I’ve experienced by being intentional with these connections.

Loved having Kristen & Koop come to our neighborhood party.
Keeping the homemade root-beer tradition going😋
Our favorite K's came over for Halloween.  Stopped a few friend's homes and enjoyed a golf-cart ride seeing the classic spooky yard.  Got to finish the night off with a Georgie story.

No comments: