Saturday, May 8, 2010

half + half = whole

Last weekend we went to Charleston, SC.
Jeff & LeAnn wanted to complete a half ironman triathlon.
This is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run.
We've been training and saying that if we each did a half,
then together we've completed a whole ironman!

Grandpa & Grandma met us there to play with the boys
and to see the beautiful highlights of Charleston.
We couldn't have done it without them - thank you!

Downtown
The Ghost & Dungeon Tour

Fort Sumter

USS Yorktown & Cooper River Bridge


After the ghost tour, we were told we may see
images of ghosts in our pictures.
As you can see, there are no ghosts in this picture.
However, when we used high resolution pk thermal
imagery lens, you can see the image of a confederate soldier
wearing his hat and powder belt...
...wait a minute...that's Grandpa - silly Grandpa!
Eating lunch in the Aircraft Carrier Yorktown's mess hall.
Swim start the night before the race.
Luckily Jeff hooked us up with some gator repellent!
LeAnn finishing up.


Incredible Jeff and our cute boys finish the race!


We did it!
Hey Babe, look forward to many more years
of swims, bike rides, and runs.
Thanks for encouraging me to "tri" and endure to the finish line.
I love you!

6 comments:

Jamie Bills said...

I am SO proud of you guys!!! That is AWESOME! Wow. Next time I do a triathlon I will definatly be asking you for advice. :) Oh, and ps LeAnne, you look georgous in the picture with your curly hair. What a hot momma. :)

Louise said...

You guys are amazing!!! Congrats on such an incredible accomplishment! Glad you had a great trip.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! You guys are amazing!

Unknown said...

I seriously thought that was a Confederate soldier ghost! How funny! Congrats to the both of you. That is awesome!

Louisa said...

WOW! You two are amazing! Way to go!

steph said...

Wow! Way to go. What a neat thing to accomplish together!