In April I planted a few sweet potatoes.
October came and still no potatoes. I called Bill Curlee, the gardening expert. Who knew those sweet things grew under the ground and I wouldn't be able to see them:) I was beyond excited when I started digging and found beautiful sweet potatoes,it was like discovering gold!
My boys are not as fond of sweet potatoes as I am. However, they love pumpkin pie. So I made a sweet potato pie (and didn't tell them). They liked it better than the pumpkin.
Today I dug up the rest of the potatoes - aren't they beautiful!
Oh the things I can make...
Oh the things I can make...
5 comments:
That is AWESOME Leann. I am so impressed. What a loot! Those look great!
You are ready for Thanksgiving dinner for sure!
Holy moly! You got ALL of those potatoes out of your garden! See, I told you you're an amazing gardener. So are you saying I might have potatoes still in my ground? I never did find any, but I didn't try very hard.
I'm so proud of you LeAnn!! I knew that gardener deep inside would jump out. Enjoy your harvest, Sheri
we grew potatoes in our garden this year too only we did red potatoes. Logan has a new favorite dinner "exploding pea soup" made with red potatoes and peas. Love those boys
Post a Comment