Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Project...

So it started with an e-mail to Matt. It's been marinating in my brain for 8+ years. The kitchen linoleum is 20 years old and it showed. I asked Matt about the possibility of tiling - a couple days later, Jeff was driving home with 48 boxes of tile (we far exceeded the trailer limit) Thank you Kimber for helping me pick out the tile - we love it! So here are a couple before and afters:
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Linoleum that I don't miss!
(this was a good section)
The last piece of tile - Matt does incredible work!
Kurt's family life merit badge is now completed.
The worker bees...they did fantastic!
Most of our furniture sat under this tarp for a couple of weeks.
The boys moved all our pantry upstairs. This was our "hording" hall for a week. Definitely couldn't live like this for long!
Matt aka the best tiler/fixer of everything that broke throughout his 2 week job at our home. We are so grateful for his beautiful work and putting up with our craziness!
Jeff - Matt's helper. I got to help a little too.
I can now cut tile and grout!
Thanks to Kristen, Jill and Liz for listening to me complain on our runs and giving me great ideas throughout the project.
Of course you start a project like this and then it multiplies into 50 more. I cleaned, re-stained and polyurethaned all the baseboards and cupboards. Thank you Connie for teaching me how to do this!
I painted everything - thanks Louise for helping me pick out a great wall color and giving fantastic decorating tips!
Jeff hung new ceiling fans...and they don't wobble.
Tony taught us how to strip the table. I re-stained it and the chair tops. Jeff painted everything black - thank heavens for a spray gun and compressor. Thanks to Ken, Tony & Dahls for letting us use their tools and Ken fixing our couch leg too.
Our old screen door was in pretty bad shape (forgot to take a picture). Matt thought we needed a new screen door - so this is called "Matt's door". Jeff did a great job hanging it, and it even closes all the way by itself...come over and you can listen to it click closed:)
Our pantry doors folded and were always in the way so we
put on new closet doors. Had a few staining issues, but Jeff sprayed them black and they look great.
Marilee brought us over delicious dinners because Kurtis told her he was starving and only eating granola bars - ahhhhh not true! What kid wouldn't like going to Wendy's and Chick-fil-A every day? Thanks for the yummy meals Marilee!
Took off the door mini blinds and attached these cool windows with blinds inside. We had a few door knob issues, but Jeff figured it all out and they work beautifully!
Our blinds came a day after my parents arrived. Dad & Jeff
hung all the blinds - Yea! Mom & I went shopping and found a beautiful rug, lamp and a few other "essentials".
Thank you so much Mom & Dad!!!

So the project is close to being done.
A few more things and we will be finished.
Not too bad for a months work!

5 comments:

Johnson said...

It looks really good. Matt told us that he was tiling your house. he does great work. Why I am not surprised that you worked a merit badge certification into this project? You're so good!

Familia Martinez said...

It is like you have a brand new house! Great job guys! Wish we could come see it!

wjlarsens2 said...

could NOT be more beautiful...congratulations on your "new" house!!!

Galen said...

Nice job, looks great. And I thought repainting the upstairs was a lot of work.

bradyandjill said...

I remember hanging ceiling fans...did they wobble? What a fun project. I think Brady and I are going to replace the flooring in our kitchen as well. Does your friend fly to Utah often? You have a beautiful home.