Our bedroom furniture consisted of a dresser I stopped a neighbor from taking to the dump and they gave to us instead, a headboard I got at a garage sale for $15, a tv mom & dad purchased for us years ago, and some end tables and lamps someone was getting rid of when they moved.
So, when I saw a friend was selling a bedroom set of very nice furniture, I was thrilled. She gave us a fantastic deal, too good to pass up!
So, when I saw a friend was selling a bedroom set of very nice furniture, I was thrilled. She gave us a fantastic deal, too good to pass up!
Getting all the heavy furniture home was a bit of a challenge. We barely fit everything on the trailer and after loading it all up and tying it down, it rained on the way home (the only time the whole week it rained) so everything went in the garage wet, was towel dried quickly, and ran the fan for the night. Thankfully this was heavy duty furniture and the rain didn't make it turn to mush, it dried just fine.
There was one piece (armoire) that was too heavy for Jeff & I, so the very nice missionaries came to the rescue. An hour later we got the armoire up the stairs...it was too big to go into our room around the corner. So off to the bonus room it went. I figured out the next day how to get the top off and got it in our room.
Of course if you get "new" furniture, you need to paint so the woods don't clash. Worked out perfectly that Jeff had a 3 day trip and Milo/crew were able to come paint. Nick and Justin helped me get the room cleaned out and put back together right before Dad got home:)
New blinds came a few days later. Love the update!
We have a goal we're working on so we can get a flat tv too:)



No comments:
Post a Comment